The Hallway is an online library of high-quality, faculty-reviewed teaching cases and resources housed at the University of Washington’s Evans School of Public Policy & Governance. It provides educators who teach public administration, public policy, and related subjects with:
- A constantly growing database of teaching cases
- Curriculum materials and teaching notes
- Videos of select cases taught by experienced teachers
- Classroom instruction in case teaching and writing
The Hallway has recently undergone a complete overhaul to make it even more useful for educators. New features for members include:
- Complete user-centric redesign
- Assigned Cases dashboard for better management of cases
- New platform for case-based instruction
- Smarter search options and related suggestions
- No more PDF hassle, everything stays on the new site
Our materials are used widely throughout the United States, as well as other countries, in undergraduate, graduate, and government training programs. Many schools, foundations, and organizations have contributed to the Hallway over the years. We update content regularly, so check back often for new teaching materials!
- Arts and Culture
- Environment, Energy, and Agriculture
- Health and Health Care
- International Organization
- Media and Marketing
- Military, Law Enforcement, and Corrections
- Nonprofit and NGO
- Public Sector/Government Agency
- Social Services
- Urban Planning
Hallway members have full access to our constantly growing collection of high-quality teaching cases and resources. Subject areas range from public health to technology to urban planning, and resources include dynamic sets of exercises and teaching aids. With our new 'Assigned Cases' feature, it makes managing cases and resources even easier for teaching.
Membership with the Hallway is only available to faculty and instructors in public administration and related fields, as well as government agencies who use materials in their training programs. Membership is not eligible for students in these related fields due to the teaching purpose of the Hallway.
The Hallway and the Evans School of Public Policy and Governance often partner with universities, governments, and organizations to provide specialized training, research, and/or case distribution via the Hallway website. You can see some of our past and current case writing and distribution partners listed here.
If you would like to explore a partnership with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions or comments? We welcome them all! Please contact Nicole at email@example.com.
Evans School of Public Policy and Governance
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3055